Sunday, June 7, 2009

Who am I??? Kaun hu mein???

What is blogging? Well.. For me it is a means of communicating my feelings and views… But now I discovered the potential danger of blogging.. Not danger exactly but I realised that blogging has a negative side as well… Through my blogs I have revealed my character….my opinions…my attitudes… and in short… myself… I got a few praises for my writing (I emphasise FEW L ) and I was quite happy with that… I even got a few friends because of my blog… But recently I met a guy online who claimed he has read all my blogposts and it must be true since he could quote word to word from my blog. Though he didn’t seem a very interesting person I was happy that someone took so much interest in my writing. I didn’t accept his friend request because I wanted to know him better. I think this hurt his ego and he started asking me why I wrote such lies in my blog… You know what?? From my blog he derived my character as ‘A girl who is calm… become friends quickly… and doesn’t argue…’. Gosh!! That is so NOT me.. Is that what I conveyed through my blogs?? Is that how people who read my blog interpret it?? Then he started getting a little insulting and irritating and so I decided to add him to my ‘ignore list’ and guess what?? He has already added me… wow!! He pesters me and now he has blocked me.. Great!! Everything becomes the other way round.. Well.. Either way the communication has ceased so let’s just say… alls well that ends well (this is the actual quote ryte?? ).

Then I made a new post and within a day I got a comment from another guy… Awesome!!! I was really happy because usually my post would have to wait atleast a month to get even a small comment… I opened the comment with great expectation… ooof!! It was long.. Indeed really long compared to my usual comments which would be just “good work”, “nice writing” etc.. But the whole comment was just SOMETHING.. I described it as ‘something’ because it was so strange and confusing that I didn’t even know if it was a positive or negative comment… Ahh.. Whatever..at least I got a comment nah?? I was happy..
Then my sis commented…. I was really really really really happy… and then the same person commented again.. This time it was directed at my sister…about how she should learn to write like me.. That was the most idiotic and crazy thing I have ever heard… my sister has a way of writing which no one can ever beat.. especially her second blog truly brings out her talent.. And this idiot thinks she should change that and write like me… ME!!!

Then I understood what kind of people read my blogs…. People who don’t even understand what I write.. People who can’t distinguish between a masterpiece and an amateur’s work.. I felt so depressed that I wanted to give up writing forever…..

Then I went back and read my first blog… the only one that was a real success.. And I realised maybe if I just keep on writing when the urge possesses me I’ll be able to create something good.. And I decided not to bother about comments anymore.. Whatever you may write and how well you may write there will be no one who will truly understand it.. And at the end of it all it doesn’t matter whether anyone understands me.. Because I know myself really well.. I know who I am.. I know how I make relations.. I know my strengths and weaknesses.. And I am the perfect judge for my character.. So who cares what people say??? Sometimes it does hurt when people misunderstand you and you feel as if you wanna put them right (I was blocked by that first guy before I could correct his opinion). But do I gain anything from that?? I will still be the same Jeeta whatever others think of me.. So the answer to my title ‘who am I?’ can only be answered by myself.. And I’m not gonna expect anyone else to answer it….

PS: The good part about all this misunderstandings and comments is that I got a topic to write about.. See.. In life everything happens for a reason…
By the way do listen to the song ‘who am I? kaun hu mein’ . It’s kinda sweet and romantic.. But nice..

6 comments:

mikimbizii said...

mmuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

mikimbizii said...

my tooty. You have a style of ur own, and it has become so matured and polished in the last few months. Your language is sharp, smart and so full of enviable youthfulness. :)
But more than that, the feeling behind it is so honest and frank. Thanks for being such a nice, loyal, buddy too. Let the world know that no one can break us apart! tooty and sesi ;)

Meeky Muse said...

Honest thoughts Jeeta! Brave as well!!
Keep writing..

Anonymous said...

i wud say, this one juzz reflected ur feelings...

still u can improve alot...

Bhaswati said...

it is always so nice to read about people's true feelings... i like ur casual style of writing. it is relaxed and it allows your personal voice to come through.

Lakshmi said...

people misunderstand me too .........and they are irritatingly oblivious about it and act as if they know me very well.....your words made me remember those incidents and I'm glad -eventhough I should not be- that someone else has suffered like me.....