Sunday, August 24, 2008

MERE PAAS MA HAI !!!!

My mother's birthday is coming.... What should I buy for her? What do you buy for a person who has given their life for you? My usual gifts ... a salwar... a saree...a watch...seems so small a present to give to a person who plays such an important role in my life.
Well.... at least I can give you a different kind of birthday gift this year. So mom I dedicate this blog for you. A blog which reveals to the whole world how much you mean to me. I know that mere words cannot describe your beauty. But I'll try my best....

Anyone who sees my mother says that she's beautiful. She's tall, slim, fair, has green eyes and looks perpetually young ("age cannot wither her"). So she stands out in a crowd. Many of my friends have even taken her for my sister. Yes... She is beautiful. But the reason why "I" find her beautiful is different... even if she was short, fat ,old and dark I would have still loved her because beneath her gorgeous self which you see is an even more beautiful person.... a person who cares... who loves.... and most importantly a person who accepts me as I am....

I am a person with strange mood swings. I'm happy and jolly one minute and just a second later I become all moody and thoughtful. There are times when I just don't feel like talking even amidst a crowd. There are times when I feel so irritated that I shout at everyone in the vicinity. Because of this crazy character most people find it difficult to understand me. Some say I'm proud... some say I'm shy... some feel hurt because I don't look or talk to them one day or because I shout at them. Later I will have to apologize to them for my strange behaviour and only then will my friends accept me again.... But the only person who will still love me whatever I do or show is my mother... the number of times I have been rude to her is innumerable. Still she cares for me... loves me... and is always willing to listen to me (Gosh!! if I had a crazy daughter like myself I would have slapped her long ago) That's what makes my mother wonderful... she understands me... Whether I kiss her or shout at her she knows that I still love her..... Whether I talk nonsense or don't talk at all she will still love me... I don't have to apologise for my behaviour because she has already forgiven me....

After a day at school (and tuition) when I come back home we (mom and me) have a special time together... a time when I relate my entire day’s experience. It is one of the most boring things to listen to because I have an irritating habit of explaining each and every second in minute detail and a 17 year old's life story is not something exciting especially since my mother has already gone through that stage herself. But yet she listens with such patience and attention. She remembers all my friend's names... and all the silly incidents that I tell her. I share my fears... my aspirations... my dreams with her.... because she is someone who will not laugh at my wild ideas...

But there are times when I feel that I take my mom's presence too much for granted. I am so absorbed in my studies... my friends... my life...that I forget this awesome person who gave me life.... I am so busy telling mom about my day at school that I forget to ask her about her work... I am so busy asking her for help that I forget to see if she needs my help.... I am so busy relating my sorrows to her that that I forget to observe if she is feeling sad.....
Yet she loves me...why? How can someone love so unconditionally? People say that all mothers are like that. But no other mother has such a selfish and irritating daughter like me. Would anyone else ever love me as much as my mom???

I know that a simple sorry is not enough apology for the way I act towards you and I cannot promise that I will change the way I am... but all I can say is whatever I do... whatever I say... whatever I show... I will always love you.... you are my life... and without you I don't know how I would have lived so long (well... I wouldn't have been born without you). Sorry for all the times I have hurt you...and thank you for always being there for me....

I often talk about my mother to my friends...so often that many call me "mommy's pet". But I'm not ashamed of it. I love my mother and I want the whole world to know that she is wonderful. Be as great as you are always mom...

Happy Birthday Mom
Love you forever....

PS: All mothers are special... but obviously “I” find “mine” the best...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday to jeeta's mom.. i dunno u in person.. but thru this blog.. i blive that u r lucky to have a daughter like her.. n jeeta.. u r lucky to have a mother like her.. :-)

mikimbizii said...

God's Masterpiece Is Mother

God took the fragrance of a flower...
The majesty of a tree...
The gentleness of morning dew...
The calm of a quiet sea...
The beauty of the twilight hour...
The soul of a starry night...
The laughter of a rippling brook...
The grace of a bird in flight...
Then God fashioned from these things
A creation like no other,
And when his masterpiece was through
He called it simply - Mother.
- Herbert Farnham

Such a heartfelt piece...
Mom i guess ur damn lucky to have got ur bubbles to love you so unconditionally :)
Happy B'day !!

rEstlEss mYstIc said...

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
-- Agatha Christie

Happy bday aunty...

Luv n regards,
Govind Maheswaran

iblog said...

Now thats a great post..

Heyy Auntyy.. Happy Birthday!!.. Have a great time and God Bless..

srikant.. said...

first of all...HAPPY B"DAY MOM!!!!!

hey jeeta,
this i promise wud be the most cherished birthday for ur dear mom... .. u can can buy ur mom nethin that money can buy ... but words straight from your heart... it makes a difference( and a big one too...). well done girl.... keep up the gud work....

Zed said...

I got to know Jeeta's mom, Philo aunty, thats how i call her,when she got transfered to Calicut University.
Somehow my mom made friends with her and invited her to our place.
She used to come wid choclates when i'd be playin gully cricket.
'Tendulkar' thats what she used to call me then.
No wonder i took to her instantly.

Later on wen i was in tvm her place was like a second home to me. Her coooking's wonderful too. I still remember the fish fry that i was treated too the last time i'd been there.

Ever since she knew me, she has never missed my bday, while all these years i've been missin it.

I've always wondered how she still remains so slim and beautiful, but i think now i know the answer.
She's so full of love that she cant eat anythin more to put on weight.

Happy birhtday Philo aunty.

God bless you more and more to keep on loving us all like this.

karthika said...

Happy Birthday mom.......from jeeta's blog i got to kno dat u r really special ......n u deserve wishes frm the whole world ,on ur birthday.....luv u

Bhagya said...

Happy birthday Aunty.May God bless you to remain young and beautiful through out your life and celebrate hundreds of birthdays.

srikant.. said...

nd once again... HAPPY B'DAY MOM!!!!

Jeeta said...

God took the colours from the flowers...the greens of the trees...the coolness of dew...
the flashes of sunshine...the waves of the sea...the brightness of the stars...the bubbling laughter of the mountain streams...the changes of the seasons...love and joy and peace...loss and pain and gain...sweetness n sorrow n worth...all these and more, much more He gave them to all Mothers...as a wonderful,rare combination called Children...THANK YOU dear Children one and all...for making my very ordinary birthday a very special one indeed...May this blog be a tribute to all Mothers.

Luv - Jeeta's Mom.