Friday, January 15, 2010

DON'T NEED NO BUDDY

These days I feel as if I’m not doing anything worthwhile. Just going on living. I need something to look forward to…something to live for… so far my life was totally revolving around friendship. I breathed friendship… and that is my cause for unhappiness. Friendship is a beautiful relationship but when you totally submit yourself to it you get hurt badly. In this harsh reality no one sincerely bothers about friendship. It is just a means of not being alone. It is a means to use up your messaging offer. It is a means of showing the world that you are popular. It is a means of sharing something no one else would bother to listen to. Friends are just taken for granted. Me, being an idiot, didn’t realise it till recently. I just adored friendship. It was all I wanted. I rescheduled my entire life for friendship. My goals, dreams and even my family was pushed back for the sake of my friends.

While people around me got distracted by love I remained uninterested. I failed to realise that friendship is the biggest distraction. I expect a lot of things from my friends. I expect them to care for me as much as I do. But this never happens. Friendship is never given that much of importance by anyone. Within the past two months I have been hurt by three of my great buddies. This has made me totally depressed and devastated. Gosh!! If I had fallen in love I would have only had to suffer a single heartbreak. I really need to stop giving so much of priority to friendship.

One of my friends once said that my problem is that I have too many friends. But that’s wrong. I have very few friends. My problem is that I don’t know who my friends are. I care for people who don’t even need me and neglect the ones who really love me. I spend my time, energy and love on people who have no time for me and ignore the ones who are there every time I need them…

I need to discover what is friendship….. I need to discover who my friends are… I need to realise that it is not the ultimate factor in life…I need to move on…. I need to start living for myself and not just for friendship…..

4 comments:

www.thulasidalam@blogspot.com said...

Move on...that's the right conclusion, dearie, but u do need buddies, yar...and making the right choices in life is difficult, especially when it comes to priorities...so move on...and keep blogging...love to read ur posts!

Anonymous said...

move on is the right thing to do...its a fast paced world dear where sincerity is pretty rare...so don't be disheartened as i believe that good things happen to good-hearted people n something good is definitely on its way to you! :)

anju said...

that was soooo gud edathi.
-anjali.

Lakshmi said...

just move on dear! my personal experience has recently proved that friendship is always an exploration.........we get to know our friends EACH day in a NEW way.....there's more to be revealed.......wait for the best!